- I realized today as I was listening to talk radio in the car that my son will be old enough to vote in the next presidential election. Now that was something that made me stop and think a bit. I can’t wait to hear what he has to say about it all.
- Dukes of Hazzard isn’t quite as good now as it was then. Plus, what did I ever see in Bo Duke? I had a poster of him on my wall. I felt like such a rebel because all my friends liked Luke. I guess I had a thing for blondes. Good thing I married one.
- I cut my hair off today. I thought I wanted to grow it out again, so the last few times I didn’t let my stylist cut it too much. Today I let her talk me into cutting it off again. She gushed about how much brighter it made my face look. I guess I don’t look so tired. I do like it, but then my husband came home and said the same thing. I don’t think I look that tired. (I wanted to say that maybe I am tired because I homeschool, cook for him, and clean up after 4 other people, but I didn’t.) You know, now that I have gone short, I will never be able to go long again. Kind of makes me feel old.
- So, if you could date any of the guys on NCIS, which one would you pick? I would pick McGee. He seems so sweet. And he is smart. Though it is a little disturbing that he could pull my phone records and financials if he wanted to.
- My daughter is going to be confirmed in two weeks. This is a big deal. I am very excited for her. She is working very hard. I am very proud of her for she has been diligent in her studies. I promise pictures will come.
- It absolutely bothers me when people walk around and brush their teeth. On any given morning you may hear me say “Are you brushing your teeth? Get in the bathroom!” It doesn’t help that my husband does it too, but I don’t say anything to him about it. I get that brushing your teeth can be boring, but I don’t want your toothpaste nastiness on the hallway walls.
And this is a little out of character for me, but The Sophomore and I needed a good laugh. I think he felt like he was let in on an inside joke. So there you go. That is why you should study Latin.