Melanie posted this on her blog. I should be practicing piano, but Mozart and Czerny are unappealing right now. So, since my family is all consumed by Mario Kart and I don’t want to practice piano, I am going to copy her.
1. Started your own blog~ ta da
2. Slept under the stars ~ and had the mosquito bites to prove it.
3. Played in a band~ flute, actually
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain~climbed to the top of Hurricane ridge. I thought I was going to die.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo ~ believe me, you don’t want to hear that.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch ~ I will consider cross stitch an art.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning~ bad mayonaise
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables~ nothing is better
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked ~ In Germany, no less. That was the best way for a teen to get around.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill~ and my boss really knew I was lying too.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping ~ but, dad, if you are reading this, skip this one.
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset ~ Sunrise. East coast. Easter morning. Awesome.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise ~ a family day cruise counts, right?
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors ~ Germany somewhere.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language ~ working on Latin (kinda)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied ~ but I wouldn’t complain about a little more either.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight ~ In Lombok, then hubby mentioned snakes and ruined the moment.
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business ~ does a home business count?
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching ~ in a 12 ft. Whaler. That’ll wake you up.
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy ~ I have a Snoopy that I dressed up.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book ~ This one is iffy, but I went to a Seattle Young Author’s Conference in 2nd grade. My book is in the library over there.
81. Visited the Vatican ~ no, but some other pretty cool churches in Europe
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem ~ no, but hubby has
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible~ and it is sad that I haven’t, but I just can’t get through Chronicles.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox~ gave it to my entire 2nd grade class. Wasn’t that nice of me?
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous ~ I have met some cool people. I am going to count it. 🙂
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee ~ got into a nest once
100. Read an entire book in one day (Melanie forgot this one, but I know that she has.)
Wow. Kind of sad that I haven’t done more, but I am OK with that.